Certain applications and functionality accessed through TCCC Website may require You to agree to additional terms and conditions, policies and disclaimers (collectively, “Additional Terms”), which are hereby incorporated by reference into these TCCC Website Terms unless expressly set forth otherwise in such Additional Terms. If there is a conflict between these Terms and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control with respect to the applications. This excludes third party websites which are described more fully in Section 4 below.
1.OWNERSHIP AND USE OF TCCC WEBSITE.
TMS grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right and license to access and use TCCC Website (including the content and Mobile Services (as defined below)) only as required perform Your valid job duties. TMS retains all rights not expressly granted herein. TMS may, in its sole discretion, suspend, discontinue or terminate this license to You at any time for any reason. When making use of mobile enabled functionality, this license is limited to a non-transferable license to use certain TCCC Website functionality on an applicable mobile device that you own or control. This license is between TMS and You and is effective until terminated by TMS or by You. This license does not allow You to use TCCC Website on a device that You do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make TCCC Website available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense TCCC Website or part of TCCC Website. You may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of TCCC Website, any updates, or any part thereof.
TMS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend, discontinue or permanently cancel any or all of TCCC Website’s operation, or portions thereof, with or without notice to You. You acknowledge and agree that TMS will not be liable to You or any third party for any such modification, suspension, discontinuation or cancellation of any or all of TCCC Website’s operation.
2.RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESSING AND USING TCCC WEBSITE.
As a condition to accessing and using TCCC Website in accordance with the license granted to You under these Terms, You agree to comply with the following rules:
(a) General Obligations to Safeguard TCCC Website and Information in TCCC Website.
- You shall assign and select passwords in accordance with the requirements set forth by TMS.
- You shall assign Yourself passwords that are reasonably designed to maintain the security of the access controls to the system.
- You shall not share, obtain or use, or attempt to share, obtain or use, any third party TCCC Website related access codes or passwords.
- You shall not access or use, or attempt to access or use, data owned by any third party other than the party authorizing Your access for valid business purposes, except as specifically authorized in writing by TMS.
- To the best of Your knowledge, all information and data provided by You with regard to TCCC Website or entered into the TCCC Website systems shall be complete and accurate.
(c) General Obligations Concerning Use of TCCC Website.
- You agree to comply with all policies and procedures, and other instructions from TMS with regard to Your access to and/or use of TCCC Website.
- You are authorized to access TCCC Website and Your use of TCCC Website in accord with the valid authorization.
- You shall not integrate or automate use of TCCC Website using any integration methods that are not expressly approved by TMS.
- You shall not access or use TCCC Website for any unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious purpose.
- You shall not access or use TCCC Website in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the TCCC Website systems.
- You shall not use or attempt to use TCCC Website in such a manner as to interfere unreasonably with the use of TCCC Website by one or more of the authorized users of TCCC Website.
- You shall not use or attempt to use any methods to access or make use of TCCC Website that are not authorized by TMS, including, but not limited to, screen scraping and scripting or any other process that could result in the unauthorized access to TCCC Website or negatively impact the performance of the TCCC Website System.
- You shall not enable or permit (i) any additional third party integration of; (ii) third party modification of; (iii) creation of derivative use functionality for; or (iv) creation of third party solutions for any of the TCCC Website systems and applications.
- You shall not enable or permit (i) any additional third party integration of (ii) third party modification of; (iii) creation of derivative use functionality for; or (iv) creation of third party solutions for purposes of enabling or permitting extraction or transmission of data stored in TCCC Website.
- You shall not modify, copy, create derivative works of, or alter TCCC Website without the express prior written consent of TMS.
- You shall not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any part of TCCC Website without TMS’ prior written consent.
- You shall not link or “deeplink” to, frame, or otherwise, reproduce any of TCCC Website without our prior consent.
- In addition, You agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other legal requirements relating to Your access to and use of TCCC Website.
- MOBILE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES.
If permitted or available through any feature or service of TCCC Website, You (a) upload content to any of the TCCC Website or download content from TCCC Website via a mobile device, (b) receive and reply to messages from or within any of TCCC Website, or (c) browse any of TCCC Website from your mobile device (collectively the “Mobile Services”), You must have a mobile communications subscription (or have the consent of the subscriber of such mobile device) for the necessary carrier services with a participating carrier or otherwise have access to a mobile communications network through which TMS makes the Mobile Services available. You are responsible for any and all service fees associated with any such mobile access, including text messaging charges for each text message you send and receive on your mobile device, and all applicable data fees.
Your use of certain of the Mobile Services may incur charges and be subject to other terms from TMS, which charges and other terms will be provided to you via separate terms and conditions for the applicable Mobile Services. Additionally, please check your wireless plan because your carrier’s per-minute, text messaging, and data or other charges may apply. You must provide at Your own expense the equipment and wireless connections needed for you to use the Mobile Services, and You are solely responsible for any costs you incur to access the Mobile Services. You should keep in mind that the use of the Mobile Services to send content to another person via e-mail or SMS (Short Message Service, or “text messaging”) may result in wireless charges to both the sender and the receiver.
- THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND LINKS.
TCCC Website may contain links to other Web sites (“Third-Party Sites“). Such Third-Party Sites are not necessarily investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, legality, timeliness, authenticity, reliability, or completeness by TMS, and none of the Toyota Entities (as defined below) are responsible for any Third-Party Sites accessed through TMS or any applications, software or content posted on, available through or installed from the Third-Party Sites, including without limitation, the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, legality, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Sites. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Site does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by TMS (or any of the other Toyota Entities).
NO TOYOTA ENTITY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO TCCC WEBSITE, AND THE FACT SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED ON THE SITES DOES NOT INDICATE OUR APPROVAL OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY MATERIAL CONTAINED ON ANY LINKED WEB SITE. YOUR CONNECTION TO AND USE OF ANY SUCH LINKED WEB SITE OR IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
TCCC Website and its content are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory. TMS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TMS makes no warranties that TCCC Website or its content or other material obtained herein will meet Your requirements, or that the TCCC Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, non-infringing or error-free. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from TMS or through TCCC Website shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. You may not rely on any such information or advice. To the extent jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, some of the above exclusions may not apply to You. TMS assumes no liability or responsibility for any performance degradation, interruption or delays of any of TCCC Website, or errors or omissions in any of its content or other materials on or through TCCC Website. TMS does not make any warranty or representation that Your use of the material displayed on, or obtained through, TCCC Website is non-infringing of any rights of any third party.
Any decision or action taken by You on the basis of information or content provided on TCCC Website is at Your sole discretion and risk. TMS is not responsible or liable for any such decision, or for the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, or availability of any content displayed, transmitted, or otherwise made available on TCCC Website.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF TCCC WEBSITE, ANY PAGE(S) THEREIN, AND/OR ANY SERVICE(S) OF THE SITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM SUCH USE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY.
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, NO TOYOTA ENTITY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT A STATE DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH HEREIN OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN SUCH STATES.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH TOYOTA ENTITY FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF TCCC WEBSITE.
PLEASE READ THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY. IT INCLUDES AN AGREEMENT TO MANDATORY ARBITRATION, WHICH MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF TCCC WEBSITE TO BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN PROCEED IN COURT, UNLESS SUCH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(c) For claims over $10,000, the American Arbitration Association’s Wireless Industry Arbitration (“WIA“) rules shall apply. In large/complex cases under the WIA rules, the arbitrators must apply the Federal Rules of Evidence and the losing party may have the award reviewed by a panel of three new arbitrators.
(d) For claims of $10,000 or less, arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA“), the Better Business Bureau (“BBB“) or the National Arbitration Forum (“NAF“). You can choose the AAA’s supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes, the NAF rules for Consumer Common Claims, or the BBB’s rules for binding arbitration. We will waive our right to arbitrate any individual (as opposed to class) claim you bring or maintain in small claims court for so long as the matter remains an individual claim and remains in small claims court.
(e) You can get rules and fee information from the AAA (www.adr.org), the NAF (www.adrforum.com) or the BBB (www.bbb.org). You expressly waive the right to request or maintain any class arbitrations even if AAA, NAF or BBB procedures or rules would permit them (this is referred to below as the “Class Action Waiver”. In exchange for this, we’ll pay (if you ask us in advance) for any filing fee charged you by the AAA, NAF or BBB for one arbitration of any disputes between us, so long as you tried in good faith to resolve the disputes with us before filing for arbitration. If the arbitration proceeds past the filing, we’ll also pay (if you ask us at the time) any further administrative and arbitrator fees you are later charged. An arbitrator can decide later whether to allocate the fees differently if there’s an award. The arbitrator may award you any fees and charges that are necessary to ensure the enforceability of this arbitration provision.
(g) Any arbitration award made after completion of an arbitration is final and binding and may be confirmed in any court of competent jurisdiction, except that in the event the arbitrator’s award for a party is $0 or against a party is in excess of $100,000, or includes an award of injunctive relief against a party, that party may request a new arbitration to be conducted by the selected arbitration organization by a three-arbitrator panel. An award and any judgment confirming it only applies to the arbitration in which it was awarded and can’t be used in any other case except to enforce the award itself.
(h) If a court or arbitrator determines that any part of this arbitration agreement other than the Class Action Waiver is not enforceable, the rest of this arbitration agreement shall be enforceable.